This parent session will focus on the following:
-recognizing and accept feelings,
-building positive feelings,
-dealing with negative feelings,
-dealing with upsetting or stressful events
CARRVILLE MILLS NEWS -Dec. 2019 and Jan. 2020
1. This is just a reminder that the School Council will be hosting a Movie Night at Carrville Mills PS on Thursday, December 5, 2019. Tickets/Pizza/Snacks are available to purchase on School Cash Online until December 2, 2019. We hope to see you there.
2. Our “We Are Carrville Committee” is supporting the CTV Toy Mountain Drive. Please see that attached flyers for all the details.
3. Our “We Are Carrville Committee” will be selling Rafiki Bracelets. Each bracelet costs $10. The money raised will go to programs like water purification, school building, agriculture, anti-bullying, and a whole lot more. Pre-orders are from November 25th to December 6th if you want a bracelet before the holidays. Sales will continue from December 9th-13th. Pre-orders will continue after the winter break from January 6th to January 30th. We have attached a brochure with the different bracelet options and meaning.
4. The Intermediate Fundraising Committee will be selling cookies on Friday, December 13th. Cookies are $2.00 each and will be sold during first snack recess.
1. Soft Entry: As a reminder, please note that grades 1 to 4 students only are to enter from the front doors. All grades 5 to 8 are to use the North West Doors. Grades 1 to 4, who enter the property from the north side of the building, can use the North West doors as well
2. Lates: Although we have seen a decline in the number of late arrivals, there is still a need for improvement. As the weather gets colder, please ensure that you begin your morning routines 3 to 5 minutes earlier as some students continue to arrive upwards to 5 minutes late.
Thank you for your on-going support.
Soft Entry will begin on Tuesday, November 19th. During soft entry, students will enter the building any time after 8:40 a.m. Students will not be waiting outside for the 8:55 a.m. bell to enter the building. Please note, there will be no outdoor supervision in the morning.
In order to support this change, please discuss the following points with your child(ren):
1. Students can enter the building after 8:40 a.m.; there will be a bell.
2. Grades 1 to 4 are only to enter from the Front Doors; unless they walk in from Balsamwood Road.
3. Grades 5 to 8 are only to enter form the NW Doors. Students in grades 1 to 4 who come onto school property from Balsamwood Road, can enter from the NW doors as well.
4. All other doors are locked at this time.
5. Once students enter they are to:
a. Walk to their coat racks or lockers
b. Prepare/organize all materials for their day
c. Walk into classrooms where they can either sit at their desks or on the carpet to read, complete work or socialize. No activities can be taken out at this time. As well, No cell phones are permitted to be used at this time as per the new Board policy.
Please note, there are no changes to kindergarten entry.
This change in morning routine has been made to:
1. Support a more efficient start to the instructional day
2. Target a reduction in student late arrivals
3. Support a calmer start to the day
Thank you in advance for your support.