Soft Entry will begin on Tuesday, November 19th. During soft entry, students will enter the building any time after 8:40 a.m. Students will not be waiting outside for the 8:55 a.m. bell to enter the building. Please note, there will be no outdoor supervision in the morning.
In order to support this change, please discuss the following points with your child(ren):
1. Students can enter the building after 8:40 a.m.; there will be a bell.
2. Grades 1 to 4 are only to enter from the Front Doors; unless they walk in from Balsamwood Road.
3. Grades 5 to 8 are only to enter form the NW Doors. Students in grades 1 to 4 who come onto school property from Balsamwood Road, can enter from the NW doors as well.
4. All other doors are locked at this time.
5. Once students enter they are to:
a. Walk to their coat racks or lockers
b. Prepare/organize all materials for their day
c. Walk into classrooms where they can either sit at their desks or on the carpet to read, complete work or socialize. No activities can be taken out at this time. As well, No cell phones are permitted to be used at this time as per the new Board policy.
Please note, there are no changes to kindergarten entry.
This change in morning routine has been made to:
1. Support a more efficient start to the instructional day
2. Target a reduction in student late arrivals
3. Support a calmer start to the day
Thank you in advance for your support.