- pp55-56 1-10
- p232 1-6
- p234 8
Using today’s lesson and G40-41, answer the following questions
- Create a population pyramid for Canada, 1991
- Create a population pyramid for Canada, 2006
- What difference do you notice between Canada’s population above and below the age of 40 in the 2 graphs? Justify your response.
- Use the graphs to decide how Canada’s population might look in 2025. How might this affect the plans of someone your age to be a kindergarten teacher, a doctor, and a business person? Explain
- Make a list of 4 questions you could ask to investigate why Canada’s population characteristics changed between 1991 and 2006.
- Identify 3 jobs you are curious about. Explain how the information from your 2006 population pyramid can help you to decide which one of the 3 jobs would be in the highest demand by the time you start working.