- pp80-81*, 2, 4-5, 7-11
*Use 15% instead of 13% for the sales tax. The textbook was published before the HST replaced the GST and PST, so the textbook answers are based on a 15% sales tax. For your skills check and test, you will be expected to use the current HST of 13%.
Using the maps provided, answer the following questions.
- Which land uses are present in the map? Identify an example of each use on your top map.
- Which land use is the most over-represented? Why?
- Which land use is the most under-represented? Why?
- What is frustrating about living in this community? What two changes could make things better?
- What is fantastic about living in this community? What two changes could make things even better?
Consider anything and everything (e.g., where particular land uses are, how much of a particular land use there is, noise, traffic, density)!