- Use H90-91 to answer 1b on H92 and 1b on H93
- Look up ‘numbered treaties’ on the Canadian Encyclopedia website and identify 3 similarities and 3 differences between one of the treaties from 1-5, or 7, and treaty 6, based on textbook information
- Using information from the textbook and from today’s lesson, identify strengths and weakness of the following three water treatment systems
- Septic systems
- Bioremediation and wetlands
- Wastewater treatment plants
- (residential schools questions from last week)
- Perform a Google search on ‘residential schools CBC’ and ‘residential schools Canadian Encyclopedia’. Click on the first result for each search. Use the two websites to answer the following questions. Answer in complete sentences and in your own words.
- In 1-2 sentences, describe what residential schools were.
- In 1-2 sentences, explain what residential schools were supposed to achieve, according to the Canadian government.
- What were students were taught at residential schools?
- What were some common experiences of students at residential schools?
- How many students are estimated to have attended residential schools?
- How many students are estimated to have died while attending residential schools?
- A Canadian senator recently stated, “Mistakes were made at residential schools — in many instances, horrible mistakes that overshadowed some good things that also happened at those schools.” Some demanded she resign because of this statement, while others supported her in the controversy that followed. After carefully thinking through the information you have read on the websites, explain and justify which side you are on. Support your response using 3 different pieces of evidence from the websites.