We are embarking on a new morning entry procedure, known as a “Soft Entry”.
Soft Entry will begin on Tuesday, November 19th. During soft entry, students will enter the building any time after 8:40 a.m. Students will not be waiting outside for the 8:55 a.m. bell to enter the building. Please note, there will be no outdoor supervision in the morning.
In order to support this change, please discuss the following points with your child(ren):
1. Students can enter the building after 8:40 a.m.; there will be a bell.
2. Grades 1 to 4 are only to enter from the Front Doors; unless they walk in from Balsamwood Road.
3. Grades 5 to 8 are only to enter form the NW Doors. Students in grades 1 to 4 who come onto school property from Balsamwood Road, can enter from the NW doors as well.
4. All other doors are locked at this time.
5. Once students enter they are to:
a. Walk to their coat racks or lockers
b. Prepare/organize all materials for their day
c. Walk into classrooms where they can either sit at their desks or on the carpet to read, complete work or socialize. No activities can be taken out at this time. As well, No cell phones are permitted to be used at this time as per the new Board policy.
Please note, there are no changes to kindergarten entry.
This change in morning routine has been made to:
1. Support a more efficient start to the instructional day
2. Target a reduction in student late arrivals
3. Support a calmer start to the day
Thank you in advance for your support.
Please take some time to review our November Newsletter. Carrville Mills November Newsletter 2019
Please take some time to review this policy with your family
Cell Phone Policy
Please open this link order to read about our October Dance and Food DriveWe Scare Hunger Food Drive and Dance letter
Good morning families,
Please take a moment to review the following details regarding events during the next two weeks:
1. Picture Day: Be sure to get your smile on, as Wednesday, October 16th is Picture Day.
2. Curriculum Night: We are looking forward to seeing you this Thursday, October 17th at our Curriculum Night, which runs from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Food for purchase will be available from two vendors. In addition, if you are interested in placing an order for CMPS Spirt Wear, you can try on samples for sizing.
3. P.A. Day: Monday, October 21st is a P.A. Day, where staff will be engaged in professional learning. There is no school for students.
4. Fall Dance and We Scare Hunger: On October 31st we will be hosting on food ‘we scare hunger’ drive. Stay tuned for details.
The YRDSB has determined that beginning Monday, October 7th all schools will be closed as CUPE is planning to commence full strike action across the province.
Families must make alternate arrangements for their children prior to the strike. For immediate updates, please follow the Board’s Twitter feed: @YRDSB, or for general information, visit the Board’s website: www.yrdsb.ca.
Please access the link below for information that will be sent home with all students today:
FINAL CUPE Strike Notice Bulletin
Parents and/or Guardians please take a moment to access this link in order to review a letter from our Director of Education. This is in regards to the current labour issues involving or Educational Assistants, Early Childhood Educators, and Caretaking staff. The York Region District School Board will ensure that all parents are informed as quickly as possible, when new information is made available.
Letter to advise families of pending full withdrawal of services – CUPE – October 2, 2019
For immediate updates, please follow the Board’s Twitter feed: @YRDSB, or for general information, visit the Board’s website: www.yrdsb.ca.